Wood Blind Information
When privacy and light control are the number one issue, venetians are perfect as their slats can be tilted to create light, airy spaces during the day or an ambient cosy room at night. And the beauty of real wood brings in the relaxing aura of the great outdoors and adds warmth and texture to your scheme. In the UK, our weather tends to be a bit on the grey side and daylight can lack the clarity and brightness of warmer climates. This is why painted wood has become so popular as we try to lighten up our homes with pale colours. And during the cooler months, wood acts as a natural insulator.
Our Sherwood collection features a stunning mix of 28 finishes in both natural wood and contemporary painted shades. From fresh, coastal-inspired whites to rustic greys and the natural splendor of light and dark wood, the colour palette reflects and complements the latest interior trends.
Complementary or contrasting tape provides an extra point of interest to your Wood Venetian blinds and softens the overall effect for a luxurious finish. It's also an easy way to recreate the appearance of a shutter.
Fauxwood Venetian Blinds
Our Expressions collection is sure to appeal to those who love the idea of real wood but actually prefer the practicality and smooth, consistent grain of faux wood
Wood is a natural material therefore variation in shade and grain are inherent characteristics of the product. Since laminate wood became popular in the UK during the 90's, many people have got use to the consistent, uniform look of faux wood and some prefer it to the more irregular knots and grain in real wood.
Expressions is available in three slat widths - 38, 50 and 63mm and six colours; pure white, soft ivory, beechwood, brazil nut, burnt wood and oakwood.
To keep your blind looking its best simply dust or wipe with a damp cloth.
Sizes & Measuring
When ordering wood blinds we ask for either a blind size or a recess size (for when a blind is fitting within the window recess). If ordering blind size, no allowance will be made and the dimensions supplied will include headrail and brackets. If ordering recess size we will make the necessary allowances.
To see our measuring guide please click here.
- All Window Blind cords should be secured out of reach of small children.
- Young children have been strangled by loops in pull-cords, chains and tapes that operate the product.
- To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of the reach of young children. Cords may become wrapped around a child’s neck.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from the window so that they are not covering the cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
- We have a number of child safety devices available to help keep control cords and chains out of reach of children and all blinds will have safety devices sent with their order.